Friday, January 21, 2011

Artist statement for Orals

Therese McPherson
Artist Statement

I have been working this year towards understanding the formal elements of communicating an idea visually; using traditional methods of arrangement, such as the diptych. My projects this year have all had the theme of "Identity," in common. My main inspiration to communicate ideas with has been television shows from the United States; ones that are aimed toward a family audience. I find television shows to have extraordinary character development, and I believe that television shows can offer general information about the culture in which they are made.

1 comment:

  1. I like how this relates social media to our current society . Makes me think of how linked our past has been to its designated TV shows.

    ReplyDelete