Saturday, January 15, 2011

So last night Jeremy and I racked each others brains after the crossley show. Congrats to Alex, Whitley, and Shellie for being awesome.

Anyway, we narrowed down our ideas by writing everything down and selecting our three favorite ideas.. Then seeing what we had in common with that selection.

We both like the power idea and the ballet post production.

Additions were made to the ballet post production idea that I am excited about. We would take turns filming, exporting and playing a video of the performance. I'll make a sketch up of it soon.
This dynamic reminds me of plato, and his mimetic theories. We would be showing both the performance and the piece of art in the gallery. This would question what kind of experience we were presenting to the audience with our video.

My pursuit of detatching myself from the video process has come to a conclusion. I do not believe that I can present " the truth" through a video. I can only offer one angle/experience of the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment