Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Response to Shane Murphy's reading

1) Do you agree that this is all conceptual art is?
No, I don't agree. Conceptual Art is not a single process. A good example of conceptual art. that is easy to understand, is joseph kosuths one in three chairs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kosuth

2) How does the fact that there is a eHow on making conceptual art affect your ideas of art?
It doesn't have an affect on my idea of art, or making conceptual art.


3) Is there a difference between this and the old Bob Ross painting shows?
Sure, there are many differences. One is text while the other is Video. One attempts to teach conceptual art while the other attempts to teach simplified painting techniques.

4) Can High Art survive in the modern world?
It is existing and surviving in every high art gallery in the world.


1) My work is firmly entrenched in conceptual art norms, what forms of postmodern art has the internet made irrelevant, or are there any?
I think that the internet makes information more accessible to artists.

2) I feel my work attempts to make the intangible not just tangible but accessible, is there a point where accessibility tips to eHow?
Well i think by saying' the intangible tangible' you mean that you are trying to express yourself. I think the ehow article tells you to express yourself.

3) My concept of self dissection and betterment strives to be deep, dangerous, and relevant. Is there more to "good" conceptual art than the strength of the concept?
I don't think your concept is strong. It could be. Deep, dangerous, relevant disection of identity. That is what you are doing. but it is not your concept. try to make a concept for ONE PIECE OF WORK that is about your identity. As you say, you are studying and dismantling yourself. but what is a project that you are making, and what is the concept behind that project.

4) Do you feel there is a difference between my work and something someone would make after reading this eHow?
I don't know. I don't know who that person is.

No comments:

Post a Comment