Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Would you like to be able to live as long as you wanted?  If so, approximately how long do you think you would want to live? If not, what would be your preferred method of death? Sure. I have already had the choice to go back to the doctor or not.. Had my condition gone beyond repair I would have chosen to die soon after, before the sickness really started to immobilize me. I'd probably overdose on codeine or something else that would put me to sleep.

Do you think that it will be possible for machines to have consciousness in the future?  Is there a fundamental difference between humans and machines that will always remain? Well I guess if you can think it, it can happen. That would be a terror according to media.. It could be great.. Maybe the machines would be selfless or something ideal. Some machines poop, some talk to you, some use sensors and know where to go. I guess the fundamental difference is that I tell myself what to do.. And the mahine relies on me to program it and create it.


What do you think about Kurzweil's predictions?  Do you think he is valid, totally crazy, or somewhere in between? Who knows.

Do you think it is important for humans to continue on a quest for more intelligent and faster technology? Actually, I'd like to see the opposite. I want slow technology. I want things to take time, for people to rest more. Enjoy the day. Value life and the outdoors. It's ironic.. I have learned so much about technology and have been trained to work digitally for a fast paced economy... In 20 years, you'll probably find me on big piece of land farming. I want to learn to do things off of the grid. Dependency irks me.


Do you think it is important for you to understand and communicate with machines/technology/tools in order to make art? depends on what I am making. I do however think it is important. Maybe more or less, in today's economy.

Do you see any connection between this reading and the things that I make? Sure.

Do you think it is important to think about the future, and to make predictions about technology?  Do you think that artwork relating to this subject will effect the possible outcome of the future?rather, I think that the future will have it's work on art. I think predictions are important because it can help to visualize the future that we will be apart of..

Is this subject at all interesting to you?yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment