Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1. Why is meditative patterning an important part of my art?
Because you like the idea of existing? This is like a trick question.

2. Do you think it is possible to gain an unaffected state of mind, even for a moment, through meditative drawing?
Sure, meditation is an act of clearing your mnd.

3. What role does subtlety play in my art?
I honestly can't answer this.

4. How does the ephemeral quality of paper deal with the idea of impermanence? Well it depend on how you think about it. If you want something to last, make it to last. If you want to make something that isn't confined to time, then make what you want and accept the time is will exist.


5. How do you view spectacle in relation to pop culture?
Pop culture is broad and diverse, like the art world, here is a niche that idolizes the spectacle. Within that niche are groups that define their own spectacle..

6. What is the difference between survival and existence?
I exist, currently I am existing, I will no longer exist when I die. I am surviving. Emotionally, physically; I am trying my best to stay in existence Which is an act or survival. Existence is given to me, survival is determined by me.

7. How do you view previous generations and their opinion of art, taking into consideration the statements made in this article?
Generations have gaps, yes. Art history has gaps, yes. Each generation finds it's own. Past generations may have liked more functional art, design, or conceptual. Depends on the niche they belonged to. I view them as out dated unless they continued to change..

8. How has civilization compromise autonomy?
Civilization is cultural refinement and does not compromise freedom, but at the same time, civilization is a large population instead of an empty space with one person in the forest. When a relationship is formed between two or more people in the forest, the role of the persons pursuit in life no longer is autonomous. Freedom, culture, decisions, are now compromised in consideration of the other. When the civilization grows majority can rule. When the majority rules it can be Easy for a hierarchy of decisions to be made. Personality types become apart of the conversation, so yes and no to your question. It depends on who you are within the civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment